Town of Whately - Statement on COVID19
The Town of Whately is asking residents to continue following the guidance from the Massachusetts Department of Public Health to keep themselves and loved ones safe during the COVID19 pandemic. To help prevent the spread of COVID19 please stay home as much as possible especially if you are an older resident and/or have pre-existing medical conditions. However, if you must go out please remember to avoid groups, stay six feet away from others, and do not shake hands or hug. Please also wash your hands frequently or use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available. COVID19 is a serious illness that is still present in the Commonwealth and in our region. We thank you for your cooperation and understanding during these difficult times. (June 1, 2020)
Modified Town Operations
The Town of Whately continues to operate during the current COVID19 pandemic with modifications and special precautions in place to ensure that residents, employees and public officials remain safe and healthy during this period of time. Here is what you need to know:
- Emergency Services - All emergency services (police, fire and EMS) are operational and ready to serve you in case of an emergency. First responders have sufficient personal protective equipment and protocols in place to keep you and them safe.
- Transfer Station - The Whately Transfer Station is open with special precautions in place to keep residents and employees safe when using the facility. Click here more information.
- Town Buildings (Updated June 1, 2020) - The Town Offices (front service window only) are open to the public for limited hours on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 8:00 am to 12:00 noon. If these hours are not convenient for you please call or email the department or office to make a special appointment. Click here for the contact information for Town departments. Residents are still encouraged to conduct business with the Town by email, mail, phone, internet and via the dropbox in the Town Office parking lot. If you have a question and are not certain who to direct the question to please email your question to email@example.com. Please note that the following restrictions must be followed when entering all town buildings:
- A MASK OR FACE COVERING MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES WHEN INSIDE TOWN BUILDINGS
- SIX FEET OF SEPARATION SHALL BE KEPT BETWEEN ALL PERSONS OF DIFFERENT HOUSEHOLD UNITS WHEN INSIDE OR OUTSIDE TOWN BUILDINGS
- ONLY ONE PERSON IS ALLOWED AT THE FRONT SERVICE WINDOW AT A TIME - PLEASE WAIT OUTSIDE UNTIL THE PERSON PREVIOUSLY AT THE SERVICE WINDOW EXITS THE BUILDING
- S. White Dickinson Library - the curbside pick-up and drop-off of library materials is temporarily suspended.
- Recreation Areas - All Town recreation areas are open for use consistent with the guidelines issued by the Commonwealth for outdoor recreation and adult and youth sports. Tri-Town Beach remains closed for the season.
Primary & State Elections
- The State Election will be held on November 3, 2020. For more information about the elections please click here.
Senior Meals & Needs
- The South County Senior Center is providing meals to senior residents that need them. Please click here for more information about senior meals. Please call (413-665-2141) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) the South County Senior Center if you have additional needs other than meals to find out what other assistance may be available.
- The South County Senior Center remains closed to the public until further notice; however staff continues working hard to meet your needs.
- Frontier Regional and Union # 38 School Districts are providing meals to students that need them. Please click here more more information about student meals.
Whately Selectboard - Current Emergency Declarations, Orders & Directives
- Local State of Emergency Declaration - March 13, 2020
- Guidance Document on Public Meetings - March 19, 2020
- Revised Order Reopening Town Buildings to the Public for Limited Hours and Appointment Only - May 27, 2020 & Last Amended August 26, 2020
- Directive on Town Employees Returning to Work During the COVID19 Pandemic - May 27, 2020
Emergency Management Announcements Regarding COVID-19
- Robo Call - April 1, 2020
Board of Health Announcements Regarding COVID-19