LOCAL COVID19 VACCINE APPOINTMENTS AVAILABLE - SIGN UP NOW
Modified Town Operations
The Town of Whately continues to operate during the current COVID19 pandemic with modifications and special precautions in place to ensure that residents, employees and public officials remain safe and healthy during this period of time. Here is what you need to know:
- Emergency Services - All emergency services (police, fire and EMS) are operational and ready to serve you in case of an emergency. First responders have sufficient personal protective equipment and protocols in place to keep you and them safe.
- Transfer Station - The Whately Transfer Station is open with special precautions in place to keep residents and employees safe when using the facility. Click here more information.
- Town Buildings (Updated March 17, 2021)
- The Town Office Building is now open to the public during the following hours and by appointment at other times. Monday 8:00 am to 12 (noon), Tuesday 8:00 am to 12 (noon) and Thursday 8:00 am to 12 (noon). All other Town buildings (for the library and recreation areas see below) remain closed to the public except by appointment.
- If you need in-person services outside of the open hours at the Town Offices please call or email the department or office to make a special appointment. Click here for the contact information for Town departments.
- Residents are still encouraged to conduct business with the Town by email, mail, phone, internet and via the dropbox in the Town Office parking lot. If you have a question and are not certain who to direct the question to please email your question to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note that the following restrictions must be followed when entering all town buildings:
- A MASK OR FACE COVERING MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES WHEN INSIDE TOWN BUILDINGS AND WHEN IN ANY PUBLIC LOCATION
- SIX FEET OF SEPARATION SHALL BE KEPT BETWEEN ALL PERSONS OF DIFFERENT HOUSEHOLD UNITS WHEN INSIDE OR OUTSIDE TOWN BUILDINGS
- S. White Dickinson Library - curbside pick-up and drop-off are available by contacting the library.
- Recreation Areas - All Town recreation areas are open for use consistent with the guidelines issued by the Commonwealth for outdoor recreation and adult and youth sports. Tri-Town Beach remains closed for the season.
Senior Meals & Needs
- The South County Senior Center is providing meals to senior residents that need them. Please click here for more information about senior meals. Please call (413-665-2141) or email (email@example.com) the South County Senior Center if you have additional needs other than meals to find out what other assistance may be available.
- The South County Senior Center remains closed to the public until further notice; however staff continues working hard to meet your needs.
Whately Selectboard - Current Emergency Declarations, Orders & Directives
- Local State of Emergency Declaration - March 13, 2020
- Directive on Face Coverings for Town Employees - November 18, 2020
- Guidance on Holding Public Meetings - November 18, 2020
- **NEW** Order Reopening Town Buildings to the Public for Limited Hours and Appointment Only - March 10, 2021
- Directive on Town Employees Returning to Work During the COVID19 Pandemic - Novermber 18, 2020
Emergency Management Announcements Regarding COVID-19
- Robo Call - April 1, 2020
Board of Health Announcements Regarding COVID-19